Yesterday a group of local bloggers, including yours truly, were featured on a Fox 5 morning news segment about mommy bloggers. I was thrilled to be a part of the panel but a little worried that my cover would be blown. That Tom Hanks would start following me like he did to Leo Cutie DiCaprio in Catch Me If You Can and then the world would realize that I’ve been faking my way through this whole blogging thing and I really have no business being on a panel about being a mommy or a blogger. Discuss.
The taping went fairly smoothly, but watching the segment back makes me want to cringe, like when I’m watching The Office or Curb Your Enthusiasm, AND it made me want to go get that Botox I was wanting for Xmas that I never got. Maybe for my birthday present?
If you’re so inclined to watch the Fox 5 Segment, CLICK HERE. (It’s in two parts so you’ll have to click another link once the first one is finished).
And in more FOX talk, since Idol is getting down to the top 10, it’s time for an IDOL recap to see if I can drum up some interest for a pool.
Side note: Betting on sports and reality tv shows is the thing I miss the most about the corporate world. That and the birthday lunches. I used to run and/or participate in a pool for everything from NFL and March Madness to Survivor and Idol. I am having MAJOR withdrawls so I’d like to start one with my readers–who’s in??? (though I’m not sure if this is legal? Can someone please advise?)
- My biggest and boldest prediction is that Big Mike and Crystal will be duking it out in the finals. His rendition of This Woman’s Work was spellbinding (after the breast cancer dance from STYCD I can’t hear that song without crying) and she just needs to make a record tomorrow.
- I love Didi and Lilly, though I think Lilly needs to come out of her shell and give us a little more Oomph (not to be confused with ooph).
- Tim Urban might become the WonderBread version of Sanjaya. He’ll keep comin’ back for more each week cause he’ll have the tween vote. And the creepy old man who pose as tweens on-line vote.
- And I think Katelyn got her idea for the keyboard from our JAY-Z/Alicia Keys parody. Mama Mary made keyboards cool again!
- Andrew Garcia had me at Straight Up in the early auditions but has not lived up to his initial impression. I liked his Genie in a Bottle rendition last night but he really needs to BRING IT!
- I’m a big Lee D. fan. Big. Fan.
- Casey James does not do it for me, like he does for Kara, but he does have a great voice. Just needs a little more personality. The wilted daffodils on my table have more personality that he does.
- The rest are not yet mention worthy by this FOX-Y mommy blogger yet.
A few last questions before I wrap it up:
- Who’s in for the pool?
- Is a pool even legal?
- Who are your faves?
- Why does Kara rub up against Simon all night long?
- How are Ellen’s eyes so blue?
- And what is up with her neck???
- And why oh why does anyone sing THE MOST PAINFUL SONG IN THE WORLD, ironically called, Smile?