wanted: someone to lift my apple product curse

The universe is trying to tell me something but I can’t decipher the message. The recurring riddle comes to me in the form of cracks.

Last night my laptop, aka my lifeline, cracked. I went to move it, placed my thumb in the corner of the screen and with the superhuman strength in my fifth digit it cracked. Holy Hell!

I spent a few hours wondering what deep message this accident was trying to convey to me. Do I need to slow down? Maybe I am not meant to be so involved in blogging and social media. Who placed a curse on me and why?

Then, just as I had calmed down and realized it was just a random accident and had no higher meaning, my iPhone (the one Theresa let me borrow after I LOST my other one) went flying out of my hand in the kitchen, landed face down on the tile and shattered. No fucking lie. My laptop AND my phone, both cracked in a matter of a few hours of one another. And, this is my second time I’ve shattered an iPhone. This was the first time:

So now I am definitely contemplating the higher meaning of life, at least my life as it relates to technology and the Internet. Also, I am planning on changing my name to Mama MaGoo and scheduling myself for a few days away from all things electronic.

Have a great weekend. I’ll be unplugged, taking a few cleansing breaths, trying to answer the riddle put to me by the universe and poking needles in a voodoo doll of Steve Jobs.

I think you nailed it with your last two words–Steve Jobs. Dude has been misbehaving. This is a him curse, not a you curse, pretty sure of that. But, just in case, I won’t use my laptop, or itouch in your presence anytime soon.

Holy balls. I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry. :(

Crystal says:

That’s some crazy shiz!! But, I’m with Jennifer…it’s a Steve Jobs curse, not a Mama Mary curse. ;) So, will you be on MTV soon – ‘Mama Mary ‘Unplugged”?

Natalie says:

I hate to say it, but I’ve never met someone so unlucky with tech! Girl! I think it is just your good energy. Things crack in your presence

Theresa says:

I still love you, but I’m going kindly request that you don’t touch my phone, laptop or iPad.

La Jolla Mom says:

OMG, so sorry! The case I bought was recommended by the guy at the Apple store. A little expensive, but he said it’s the best against impact. Maybe you need a better case? Or a wrist strap?? :)

Definitely some wine!

J-RO says:

Thats why I stick to my motorolas and LG’s. I am a clutz!!!!!!!!!!! I drop everything (except a drink of course LOL) I have dropped my lotus so many times its not even funny. Still works and its not cracked LOL

Liza says:

Sounds like when your body makes you sick because you really need a rest. Maybe you and the Internet need a break from each other. (But not TOO long.)

Jenny Burt says:

OMG Mary. I feel so bad for you since I love and live for everything electronic and love my Apple until a few months ago when my Mac became corrupted and not one Mac genius can fix it and just when I put aside a whole day yesterday at the Apple store trying to manually back up my hard drive again so we can reinstall everything, the mall has a complete power outage and yes shuts off my computer and back up possibly corrupting it again. Oh did I mention that I dropped my mac on my foot while in San Diego and broke a bone in my foot? Maybe the cosmos are telling us to get back to life that is real and give these wired addictions a break. But, if you were to put my favorite food in the whole world in front of me and gave me a choice between that or my mac, the mac would win every time. What does that say?

MsB.Plan says:

I am sure you show will become a hit!

I want to watch more!

Charlotte says:

That totally sucks :( What a string of bad luck you’re having. I’m not sure if it’s the universe trying to tell you something or the fact that Apple products are clearly not what they used to be…

Chelsea says:

Oh man, what an awful day. Breathe, it’ll be alright. My Macbook screen cracked AT MY WEDDING…while it was being used as part of the photobooth. It was a disaster, but I managed to buy the screen and fix it myself for less than $250 on powerbookmedic.com. I think they have iPhone screens, too.

Oh my goodness! I’d totally have the same reaction!

Guilty Squid says:

I would love to see the fear in the Apple Store when you stroll in.

The screen is not the hardest thing to fix.

Although I do not suggest you do it yourself.