jean has been shopping—a guest post

Thanks to the lovely gals at SITS, I have met a whole new “tribe” of bloggers that I love. One such blogger is Jean of JeanHasBeenShopping.com. She lives just outside of Vegas, loves Chelsea Handler and shows off some serious cleavage in her website header. ‘Nuff Said. She has been a gem of an bloggy friend since I met her two weeks ago and I can’t stop cracking up about her post comparing Ron Jeremy to Marco Canora.

This week, our SITS mission, if we choose to except it, is to swap guest posts with one of our “tribe” mates. So I am thrilled to introduce to you Jean as my first guest blogger on The Mama Mary Show. Please welcome her with open arms.

Without further ado, I offer you Jean Has Been Shopping

********

When Southwest Airlines announced their $35.00 fare sale earlier this year, I jumped on it. It had been three years since hubby, the girls and I had visited my parents in northern California, and I wasn’t going to let this opportunity fly by.

As expected, the travel weekend passed too quickly, and we returned home with nothing but memories and a few overpriced souvenirs. Highlights of the trip were the surprise birthday party for my sister, seeing how much my nephews had grown, watching my children play at a park I frequented as a youngster, touring the Jelly Belly Factory, playing Wii games with family, drawing pictures for Grandma & Papa’s fridge, and spending five fun-filled hours at Six Flags. That doesn’t even include flying in an airplane, which still thrills me.

Monday, all settled into our plane seats and waiting to taxi, I decided to interview my youngest daughter, age 5. Here are the highlights of the trip.

I was with her right up until she mentioned Burger King. Look, child, that was out of necessity! BK is not a dream destination.

She boiled it all down to candy, a new place to lay her head, two Kids Meals, and the amusement park, which come to think of it, isn’t so bad.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m taking the kids on a “field trip” to Pizza Hut.

What simple things entertain your children on vacation? Or, more importantly, what’s your favorite Jelly Belly flavor?

*******

P.S. I am guest posting on her site today so check out my combo blog/vlog about one of my first trips to Vegas and one of my favorite lines of all time, “Everyone’s a winner!”

Jean says:

Mary, thank you for allowing me the honor of guest blogging at your wonderful site! I’m as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. :-D

I’m thrilled too! And btw, I always find a McDonald’s or BK while on vacay. It’s a staple. And your daughter is adorable!

How cuuuute is she? Awh! What a deal on those tickets. Congrats on your guest blog. Love those SITS gals.
    :-)

• Jean says:

Thank you, Angelia! I believe I have YOU to thank for introducing me to the world of SITS. The wonderful world, I should say.
      I’ve got my eyes peeled for more $35 fares.

Heather says:

I have NO clue how we’re going to entertain the 5 year old on our trip next week, I’ve been posting call-outs for suggestions from experienced mamas.

As for the really important question, buttered popcorn all the way!

Stopping by from SITS

• Jean says:

Heather, I have a feeling you’ll do great traveling with a 5 year old. Our airport had a new “Family Security” area, which made that part less stressful.
      Mmmm… buttered popcorn! My tub full arrived just this week!

Helena says:

Haha, have fun on your awesome “field trip”. Kids are so funny.

and more importantly, I love the coffee flavored ones.

• Jean says:

Helena, I NEED to try the coffee flavored ones! Those sound incredible.
      There was a flavor bar at the factory, but I didn’t want to draw too much attention to myself. How many flavors could I sample without looking like a fiend?

Sunny says:

So cute! Loved this!!!

Sherri says:

Jean,
    Your daughter’s look on that ride was priceless. Loved how her hair flowed in the wind too, she looks like an angel! My favorite Jelly Belly flavor is bubble gum. Did you know they have Jelly Belly flavors like vomit and boogers? True I was it on the Food Network! Naaaaasty!

Hi Mary nice to meet you :) Love your blog, and loved your guest post on Jean’s blog. Jean is one of my favorite bloggers and she always finds the coolest bloggers and shares them with everyone.

• Sherri says:

What is up with my typing skills tonight? It’s like I drank a pot of coffee or something. My fingers are going faster than my brain. I meant to say… “I saw it on the Food Network.”

• Jean says:

Girl, caffeinated fingers or not, those are some gross flavors!
        I was kind of intimidated by the wide variety, and only sampled chocolate pudding since the tour guide had mentioned it.
        Now I want to try bubble gum!
        Pearl and I (yes, the little angel herself) found buttered popcorn in our sample bags, and had to order a tub since we had already returned home.
        Thanks for spreading the love over here. You’re one of my favorite bloggers and friends too!

Theresa says:

I love the guest post idea. I also love being introduced to a new blog!

Love family trips.

• Jean says:

Hi Theresa – I had such nervous energy with the guest posting. Sure didn’t want to fail.
      Thanks for your kind comment!

The food thing is usually what sticks with me from trips too. But what about the Eifel Tower, the Louvre? Yeah but you don’t get ham sandwiches with butter like in that cafe anywhere in the states honey….

Beth says:

Pearl is such a peach. I love the look of wonder while she was on the ride. ♥

Oh, and the Jelly Bellys? Buttered popcorn flavor is scrumptious!

• Jean says:

Thank you, sweet Beth!
      I’ve got a tub o’buttered popcorn beans here to share with you. I’ll try not to eat them all before you arrive. :-)