dare me to do something goofy at disneyland

Disneyland, 2009

Tomorrow morning I am headed up to the Magical Land of Disney with the fam for a three day vacay which means I’m not going to sleep a wink tonight. I have never been able to sleep the night before a trip to the Magic Kingdom, ever since I was a wee lass and wanted desperately to be a Mouskateer.

Though I will not be dialed into the blogosphere or twitterverse much in the next few days (you know how my hubby gets when I’m on my phone too much), I will definitely be checking in every once in awhile (especially if the lines are long). So, I am hoping you’ll play a little game with me.

It’s called, Dare Me To Do Something Goofy at Disneyland. It was inspired by an episode of The Buried Life on MTV where the four guys who are trying to conquer their “bucket list” asked viewers to dare them to do something as one of their list items.

So here’s how it works:

• The dare has to be something PG because I will be with my kids. AND, it’s Disneyland, for Pluto’s sake. Nothing illegal, dangerous or vulgar.
  • Post your dare in my comments section.
  • I will select ONE dare from the lot and do it at some point during my visit.
  • I will record me completing said dare and post it sometime next week.
  • If your dare is selected I will bring you home a Disneyland souvenir of your choice, $10 value or under (working with a blogger’s budget here folks).

So, in the comments, challenge me to PG dare and don’t forget to let me know what souvenir you would like in case your dare is selected.

In the meantime, I will be doing the Hot Dog dance with Mickey and begging every Princess to sign our autograph book. And thanks for giving me the excuse to check my phone every ten minutes!

wendy says:

I dare you to convince a Disney cast member to get you into Club 33 for a sneak peek of the ultra exclusive club!

OK. I dare you to start singing “It’s a Small World” with jazz hands to one of the Disney characters.

I’m thinking Pinocchio.

Alternatively, get in line for Casey’s Train in Fantasyland and do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xx5c2_iN3Q

I would like a Disney Christmas ornament please.

HipMamaB says:

I dare you get your hair done at Bibbity Bobby Boutique!

stefanie says:

I dare you to take a photo with a Disney Princess and give her bunny ears.

smscott says:

I dare you to get a character to dance with you, the sillier the better… Goofy for example.. in plain sight of course

Everyday Mama says:

I dare you to pretend your a Disney cast member and tell people the ride is closed for repairs and then hop on it with just your peeps! Or just grab Mickey’s bum in the photo and see if he squeaks!! Have fun :)

Catherine says:

I dare you to eat a churro, a frozen lemonade at the Tiki Room, one of those huge lollipops from Main Street, Pizza, ice cream and a pretzel… Mmmmm

Laura says:

We drive up to Disneyland at least once a month. I secretly pretend it’s for the kids, but it’s just as much for me.

Anyway, I dare you to strip down to your underwear…wait…you said PG. Okay, I dare to you to march to the front of the line and insist you’re a VIP and must board the ride immediately.

Or, I dare you to pose with a character in the front of the park (where the lines are always long) all super model style (just you, no kids) — work it, work it, work it… for the camera. I’m talking Tyra-style. Fierce looks, smiling with your eyes, head over the shoulder… Which means your husband has to stand there and snap photos of you without stopping. And you have to do it until they make you stop…or everyone in line shames you into stopping. :) This is fun!!! (And perhaps the things I wish I had the cajones to do)

Laura says:

Selfish, much. I forgot to tell you to have a great time!!!!

Ginger says:

I dare you to pick a well-known Disney song of your choice (upbeat is better), and while in an outside line, quietly start singing it.

As you get louder, start with your dance moves. Feel free to use the rails and fences around you to your advantage. Bring it to full on routine-mode, and act it out like this is/was a rehearsed number. You can do it. It’s like a one-person flash mob. End goal? Have people convinced it was something placed by Disney.

I dare you to go on Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride and when ride is over, and you exit, start laughing hysterically. Then burst into tears. :)

I hope it is not too late for a dare! I dare you to look totally bored on a fun ride! Extra points if the ride’s camera captures your image. Good luck!

[…] you must check my archives how awesome workin’ it is, well, you’re missing out. Mama Mary accepted my Disneyland Dare and rocked […]