My Monday Momsense vlog this week discusses my knack for picking my own nicknames and/or thinking I am cool enough to call myself by said nickname.
One of my nicknames that I forgot to mention in the video was the name my dad used to call me when I was a young girl: Mary Berry. I think he would even go so far as to say Mary Berry Boo when he was really feeling jovial. Now that he is gone, that name has a sentimental ring to it. I can hear his voice say it as he would get home from work and call to me from the base of the staircase. Though it is one nickname I have never actually referred to myself as, it is one of my favorites.
Ironically, I recently discovered that one of my neighbors just wrote a children’s book called “What Kind of Fairy if Merry Berry?” Say what? How cool is that? The book was just published by Chronicle Books and now she has an entire toy line for little girls called Lulabellez™, based on Merry Berry and her fairy friends.
I immediately asked her all about it and she quite generously brought over a signed copy of the book and two of the Lulabellez costumes for Lily & Lexi to have. They have not taken off their costumes, except to sleep, shower, and eat, which I MADE them do against their will because I didn’t want to get food all over the new costumes.
Here is a video of my girls in their Lulabellez costumes (pay no attention to the inflection in my voice when Lily talks about the cat):
Lulabellez are magical fairies that live in Lulaland. There are twelve fairies all together, though only four of them make an appearance in the first book. All of the fairies have special talents and they do good deeds to earn their fairy wings. Here’s a peek inside the book:
In case you’re not sold yet, here are
Ten Reasons You and Your Daughter(s) are Going to LOVE Lulabellez:
1) What young girl doesn’t love fluffy dresses, fairy wings and glittery goodness?
2) The characters, storyline and costumes are endearing and DARLING!
3) The creator, author, designer, Lindsey Renee, is one of the sweetest people you could ever know. Not icky, gooey sweet, but a genuinely kind person. Oh, and lovely, down-to-earth, fashionable and beyond creative too. This entire product line is brainchild, from conception to finished product.
4) There is positive messaging behind the storylines and the characters like spreading joy through acts of kindness, building self-esteem and that “Everyone has a gift to share.”
5) Lulabellez encourages kids to do good deeds ad to discover their own hidden talents.
6) The artwork is incredibly detailed. Lindsey’s design and craftsmanship is beyond impressive. Especially to someone like me whose art skills are limited to hearts, stars, flowers and rainbows.
7) The Lulabellez website (Lulabellez.com), once it is up later this week, will have FREE craft downloads that you can do with your kids (wait til you see her creative craft ideas—adorable!)
8) The products are WAY affordable (only $19.99 for the costumes which look like the costumes you’d buy at the Disney Store).
9) They’re an alternative to the other girlie books/product lines that we’re all so sick of seeing.
10) The first book is about “Merry Berry” AND cupcakes, ‘nuff said.
I am beyond excited for this new product line of girl’s books, toys, dolls and costumes to launch. And even more exciting is that I have a an awesome giveaway for one lucky Mama Mary Show reader. This Lulabellez prize pack includes
- One signed copy of What Kind of Fairy is Merry Berry
- One Lulabellez fairy costume
- One Lulabellez activity kit
To enter, please leave a comment saying what your daughter’s special talent is.
For bonus entries:
- Like Lullabellez on Facebook
- Like Mama Mary Show on Facebook
- Follow @Lulabellez on Twitter
- Follow @MamaMaryShow on Twitter.
(Yes, this is one of those giveaways. . . Please leave a separate comment for each FB like/Twitter follow).
Contest runs through Monday, April 11th at 11:59 p.m. PST.
Disclaimer: Like a Proud Mary, I am biased a teeny bit because Lindsey is my neighbor, plus she has given me some product for free and has hired me to do some social media work for her. But none of those factors influence my kids and by proof of the video, they are 100% in love with Lulabellez.
UPDATE: Winner of the Lulabellez giveaway is Chandra! Congrats girl! Olivia will love her Lulabellez products.