my kid sings adele better than adele, or at least with more feeling

A few months ago I wrote a post called “Five Questions To Ask Before Putting Your Kids on Youtube,” because, unlike those that show caution when it comes to the Internet, I have been known to put my kids on YouTube. I then went on NBC’s California Nonstop to talk with Catherine Garcia about the matter.

It is something I think about often since my husband and I come from the entertainment industry and both of us have been performers in our lives. And? Our kids are constantly singing and dancing and I am totally the mother that says, “look at the baby, look at the baby (a la Old School).”

Today my kids began rocking out to Adele’s I’ll Be Waiting and I just had to capture it on video. I asked myself my own list of 5 questions and I think I answered all of the accurately enough to feel good about posting it on YouTube.

The only question that held me up was the one about personal gain. The personal gain I want from posting this is for Ellen Degeneres to see it, ask Lexi to be on her show, then find out I’m a huge Justin Timberlake fan and put in “a good word for me” for him to perform at my 40th next year. I don’t think that’s exploiting my kid too much, do you?

Well, either way, you gotta watch this vid. And if you know Ellen . . .

Tracy says:

Well, although this was an ADORABLE video and the girls, especially Lexi, have talent and will undoubtedly show up on American Idol some day… I can’t get past the fact that you were driving at the same time for most of this!!!! You scare me! You need an assistant to travel around with you for just such occasions. Love ya Mur!

LIndsay says:

Love it!!!

Jess says:

I just died and went to Godwin toddler heaven. Ho. Ly.

They are just adorable.

Jamie says:

Oh dear Lord, they are awesome! I just love how NOT shy they are about performing…my little guy will sing under his breath when he thinks no one is paying attention, but turn a camera on him and he clams up! You’ve got some little stars there, Mama Mary! Too cute!

Kathy says:

She needs an agent, you need to mail that to Ellen.

Kathleen @ SugarandSpice says:

I’ll have my people, call your people, in the morning. Let’s draw up some paperwork.

Jessica says:

Holy geeez–they are so adorable. Fo serious. Obsessed with your kids.

Love it. This looks like my car. Hmmm, maybe I should do a little YouTube action too!

Bitchin' Amy says:

Her arm movements along with the song are fantastic! So adorable and emotive beyond her years. ;) Good luck!!

O-M-G. So cute. They for sure have some major soul and need to be on Ellen. :)

Mommakiss says:

So cute. My boys are total entertainers but I can never get them on tape.