While gallivanting around Santa Barbara last weekend with friends, sipping wine and shooting the shit, I brought up the topic of bucket lists. Being that we were celebrating a friend’s 40th birthday, I felt it an appropriate topic. Our conversation got me thinking about my own bucket list, and that I had never really written one down. Over the years I’ve written down goals and dreams, but never an official Bucket List.
Number one on my list is “Participate in a Flashmob” and thanks to my friend Theresa, my dance class, the BlogHer conference and all the #operationglory dancers, I am able to cross that one off the list before it even starts.
Here are the first fifteen items on my list that seem somewhere between slightly realistic goals to utter pipe dreams.
My Bucket List:
Participate in a flashmob.
- Travel to Argentina with BFF Mern (her home country) and learn to Tango.
- See U2 and Prince in concert (not at the same time, or maybe. That could be weird or possibly really awesome).
Publish Dead Dads Club and start a website to be extension of the book.
- Write and produce a play based on Dead Dads Club.
- Throw or attend a cocktail party, after hours, in a big museum like The Guggenheim, MoMA, The Getty, or The Louvre.
- Belly up to a bar with P!nk.
- Take a trip to NYC with my girlfriend Amy who had the liver transplant and our daughters for some shopping and a dozen Broadway shows.
- Read War & Peace. (My dad read it twice in his lifetime, the least I can do is manage it once).
- Go on a Disney cruise with my family and a bunch of our friends.
- Be in a recording studio with Justin Timberlake & Timberland while they are recording their next hit OR be on stage with Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon while they are performing one of their “History of Rap” songs.
- Attend Cannes Film Festival, where a film I am a part of is premiering.
- Do a pub crawl through Ireland.
- Attend a Superbowl with the Chargers playing.
- Sing the entire soundtrack to Rent while overlooking the Grand Canyon.
What are some of the items on your list?
This post is my entry in the Just Ask Bucket List Getaway Giveaway hosted by my homegirls over at TodaysMama.com. Just Ask offers a breast and ovarian cancer screening and is encouraging people to share 15 things that I want to enjoy in my lifetime as a reminder to be aware of my health. If you’re a blogger and/or a bucket-lister, then go forth and enter! What are you waiting for? Deets for the bucket list contest are HERE.