Though several times throughout the X Factor performance show this week I felt like I was watching a Saturday Night Live sketch (particularly when Lakoda Rain was performing in their Disney Princess tableau), I am still madly in love with this show. I’ll take a little cheese mixed in with all of the delicious talent.
There are now eleven contestants remaining after InTENsity got the boot (that decision was not hard to see comin’) and here is how I categorize the rest of the contestants:
The “I Don’t Get It” Group, as in, I don’t get why they’re still around or why the judges love them so much. They would be kicked off swiftly and quickly, in this order, if the voting was up to me.
- Lakoda Rain–I get it that they are hot and have pretty voices but why are they still…wait, I just got my answer, it’s the hot thing isn’t it? Moving on…
- Stereo Hogzz--They are not relevant nor are they on key. Boy/Man bands went out with Boyz to Men and baby doll dresses.
- Marcus Canty–He’s an amalgam of The Fresh Prince and Carlton, cute but cheeseball.
The “I Love ‘Em But They Don’t Got It” Group:
- Chris Rene–On the fence about his rendition of Superstar, but still love him and want to see him succeed in this competition. More importantly, I want him to stay clean and sober.
- Stacy Francis–This woman brings me to tears every week but I still have a hard time seeing her winning this competition. She occasionally goes pitchy but always finds a way to hit it out of the park.
- Leroy Bell–I adore this man. He is endearing and soulful. I want to belly up to a bar and hear his entire life story over stiff drinks.
- Rachel Crowe--What a little slice of sunshine. She’s every Disney character combined and incarnate, but she has not had good song selections by Simon and has not wowed me since “If I Were a Boy.” She better bring it next week.
Then there is the “They Got It!” group, as in, they have The X Factor and are going to be in the top four.
- Drew – It won’t be long before I hear her on my Adele Pandora Radio Playlist. Love her.
- Josh Krajcik — Though I was not a fan of the song choice this week, I could listen to this guy sing all the live long day.
- Melanie Amaro–She’s in a league of her own. By far the best vocalist of the entire show.
- Astro–This guy IS the X Factor.
So I predict that it will come down to these last four and that Melanie and Astro are going to duke it out for the 5 mil.
Who are your favorites?
If this version of Jump by Kriss Kross does not make you fall in love with Astro, then you clearly were not attending bars in college towns in 1992.