When I first started blogging in 2008, I saw it primarily as an outlet to deal with the nuances of becoming a stay at home mom and how to cope with the little bout of post-partum depression I was feeling (though I didn’t realize it was PPD at the time). I also saw it as a way to reach potential contributors for my book. However, after eighteen months of investing time, money and energy into it, I decided I wanted to turn it into a way to make money. I gave myself six months to find a revenue source and within a few weeks, I was emailed an opportunity to make money blogging for a brand via a company called The Blog Frog. I had previously heard about them from my friends at SITS, but wasn’t quite clear on what they were all about. Nor did I care as soon as I saw a dollar symbol in the email.
Now I do anywhere from one to three campaigns with Blog Frog per month that help make my blogging venture worth it. Here are all the reasons why I love them and have continued to work with them.
- They work with great brands and come up with clever campaigns.
- They understand when I say no to a campaign if does not fit in with my site, my brand or I just don’t like the product (yes, I have actually turned down money when I haven’t believed in the product).
- They are fun and forward-thinking.
- They advocate for the bloggers and pay their bloggers fairly and according to industry standards.
- They RT my posts and give me positive feedback.
- They pay on time! Boom!
If I had never been introduced to The Blog Frog team I might have given up on blogging a long time ago so I am grateful to them for keeping me going and for introducing me to awesome groups like the Million Moms Challenge, the National Mango Board. I mean, having a box of fresh mangos show up to my door step and actually getting paid to eat them is a dream come true for me.
If you’re a blogger interested in new opportunities, join BlogFrog’s Influencer Circle and check out some of the top brands already working with BlogFrog.
If you’re a brand looking to work with online influencers, learn more about BlogFrog’s Brand Solutions here. Now, I’m curious. What do you love most about blogs and blogging?