It’s getting crafty up in here! I have no idea where this craftiness is coming from but I’m guessing it’s some how related to the fact that I started volunteering in my kids classroom AND I bought a V-neck T-shirt from the PTO (our school’s version of PTA), for myself. But however it happened is trifles, because check out this cool prop I have for Lexi’s Wreck it Ralph Vanelleope costume. Boom!
What’s really freaky is that I didn’t Google “how to make an oversized lollipop,” I came up with this lick of delicious genius on my own.
Here is the video tutorial on how we made it:
Materials you’ll need:
- Circular piece of styrofoam
- White Poster Board
- Colorful Pens (I used red & orange but you can use whatever colors you want)
- Red paper tape
- Mod Podge
- White Paint
- Long wooden dowel
Basic steps (but watch the vid for more details):
- Cut two circles out of the poster board (using the Styrofoam to trace the circle) & color them with the bright markers to look like a lollipop.
- Brush Mod Podge over the colored poster board cutouts and lightly sprinkle glitter on them.
- Glue the colored poster board circles to both sides of the Styrofoam (I used a combo of Mod Podge & Elmer’s Glue). Put a heavy book on top of the Styrofoam for an hour or so to make sure it dries and sticks.
- Take the red tape all the way around the edge of the circle to cover up the white of the Styrofoam.
- Paint the wooden dowel white.
- Drill a hole in the Strofoam and stick the dowel in.