Okay, the teams have been decided and now it’s time to start planning the biggest party of the year–your Super Bowl Party. Though my team is rarely in the Super Bowl (ahem, no jokes, please–we came CLOSE this year), I still love me a good Super Bowl party (I really just love an opportunity to overindulge and place bets).
Here are some essential items that you’ll need for your raucous Super Bowl soiree, that you might not have already thought about:
#1) Rubbermaid food storage (see coupon info below)— The reasons for needing easy-to-serve, non-breakable, and easily-clean-up-able serving bowls like Rubbermaid products are myriad.
- Who has time for a big clean up or intensive dish washing when the BIG game is on?
- What a perfect to have an organized system for all the dips and indulgent food that will be consumed?
- Plastic is a must with all the commotion and activity around the house during the game (have you seen the way I jump around with nervous energy when my team is playing?)
I just bought this super kit in preparation for the Super Bowl
and I’ve already designated each bowl for a different dip.
Next you’re going to need:
#2) Sharpie Markers—The world’s most awesome markers are a MUST for the world’s most watched sports event. Here are just a few of the ways in which I will be employing them:
- To mark up the glasses and the red Solo cups so no one, God forbid, drinks the wrong beverage (I’ll be serving Moscow Mules for Broncos fans and Red Hook beer for Seahawks fans). AND, DID YOU KNOW . . . if you write with Sharpie on glass, you can remove it easily by tracing over the writing again with said Sharpie? It will wipe right off! Or of course Windex always works wonders too).
- Make the pool betting board
- Keep the kids busy in the other room (or outside!) with a colorful craft. Are your kids into the Duct (Duck) Tape craze yet? I’m letting my kids go crazy, decorating random cardboard boxes and poster board with these colorful Sharpies and patterned tape.
- And in case you really want to get into the spirit of the day, color black marks under your eyes, or tat up your arms with your favorite player’s number.
And hey, Target fans (or should I just say, hey, everyone in the world!?), did you know that you can text the word COUPONS to TARGET at any time to get the latest coupons available? And during the time frame of January 25 through February 8, Rubbermaid and Sharpie coupons will be available so you can buy all your Super Bowl party needs at a discount!