I first tried this pasta salad recipe at my good friend Lisa’s house at a book club “meeting” years ago and I fell madly in love. I have only made it once since then, but, for some reason, I decided to make it last Friday night for another book club “meeting” and it was a huge hit. So huge that people asked me to post the recipe.
I can’t take credit for it, since it originated from Lisa and her culinary genius of a mom, Jane, but here it is for all of you to share now too.
- Tri-Color Rotini Pasta – 16-20 oz
- Cook according to directions, drain and put aside
- Steamed broccoli crowns 1-2 cups
- you still want them crisp so only steam for 5 mins, let cool
- Steamed snow pea pods 1-2 cups
- you still want them crisp so only steam for 2 mins, let cool
- Artichoke hearts – one can quartered
- Water chestnuts – one can sliced
- Green onions- 6 finely chopped
- Bunch of cherry tomatoes
- Black olives- 1 can sliced
- Grilled Chicken or cooked, cold shrimp (optional)
- Once the pasta has completely cooled, mix in the veggies (and protein if you choose) and toss with Girard’s champagne dressing (you can also make your own, but this dressing really makes this dish!)
- Top with a nice, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
It’s perfect for summer!