Good apps make the world go around. Or they can at least make nearly every situation easier. Here is a list of some of my favorite apps that come in handy in my life frequently, particularly on road trips.
1. WAZE — Waze is a user fueled map app, as in users can report their speed in traffic, accidents and other road issues. It is spot on, to the minute, about what time you will arrive at your destination and you can program it to be narrated by a celebrity like Kevin Hart or Brooklyn Nine-Nine star, Terry Crews.
2. AROUND ME — Looking for an ATM, Starbucks or dry cleaners? Use this app to locate the nearest spots.
3. AKINATOR THE GENIE — On a road trip, at a party, in line for a coaster at a theme park–this guy is your man to make time pass and entertain the entire family.
4. SHAZAM — This music identifying app has been around forever, but it amazes me how many people still don’t know about it. Wherever you are, use this app to identify a song that strikes your fancy, then you can share it, download it, look up the lyrics or watch the video.
5. TIMER+ — This app is a must if you have kids and want to attempt to avoid fights or over exposure to gadgets. Let’s say you only have one Kindle but two kids . . .set a “Kindle” timer with how many times you want it to repeat. You can also set a timer for how long they have to go before saying “are we there yet?” No more fighting over who has a device longer and no more nagging mommy. Boom!
What are your favorite travel apps?
You may also like: